Office administration and office support jobs involve co-ordination and require good people skills because you are part of the central hub of the business. The office support role is where all the tasks and activities performed for the business occur and as the person taking on this role you need to be aware of how that business processes information as it moves from sales to estimators to customer service and accounts.
Job Ad Description: Office Support and Administration
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Provide assistance to supervisors and estimators as required
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with clients and customers (customer service)
- Liaising with subcontractors and suppliers
- Obtain quotes and schedule inspections
- Assist with the creation and filing of quotes, purchase orders (accounts management)
- Creation and editing of reports and any other files as required
- Monitor and manage labour requirements (human resources)
- Monitor and manage project deadlines (project management)
- Ensure KPI and contract compliance (contract management)
- Booking and coordinating inspections and meetings (schedule and organise meetings)
- Receiving, scanning and filing documents (file management)
- Telephone duties including answering client and customer queries and redirecting calls (sales and customer service)
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience in an administration role (common requirement)
- Industry experience within the construction/building industry (common requirement)
- Proficiency with standard computer software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe etc)
- Strong attention to detail and excellent dictation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and time management skills
- Ability to meet project deadlines and KPI’s
- Strong customer service and communications skills in both written and verbal communications
- Teamwork and cooperation
Salary: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour (Full-time)
Business Systems and Software
This role is very procedural based and new hires will often need to be able to “hit the ground running” and figure out where everything fits pretty quickly. Organisations with procedures manuals may put new staff through induction training but knowledge of how to use the software is often assumed.
When the employer stipulates “industry experience” is preferable they are looking for someone who will take the reigns quickly and simply get on with the work based on their previous experience.
The factors to consider in your job application is any evidence of using task specific software for things like quoting, scheduling, contract management and customer service. We’ve highlighted some of more specialist areas in the sample job ad below.
Online Customer Service and Sales Skills
Advertising and marketing tasks are all going online as business rely more on the Internet to do their work and customer service and sales tasks are now included as a result.
Website Tools used for these tasks, include:
- Forms for requesting a quote via email
- Click to call buttons
- Website chat
- Support ticketing systems
Watch the digital marketing presentation and discover some of the tools that smart businesses are using.
There are many job boards available to Aussies who are searching for data entry jobs but the market leader is still Seek and here are some of the categories you can use to find data entry jobs.