Learn Bookkeeping and Office Administration Skills From Your Own Home and at Your Own Pace
With our online training courses you can achieve your goals affordably and in small micro courses that fit into your lifestyle:
- Enrol and start when YOU want
- Learn from ANYWHERE at YOUR own pace
- Up-skill FASTER and start achieving your goals!
Industry-Endorsed Online Bookkeeping Training Short Courses
With EzyLearn Bookkeeping Training Courses you receive Beginners’ to Advanced certificates in market-leading Accounting, Bookkeeping and Office Administration software programs.
Combined with education about how to use all the major accounting programs used in Australia, you’ll be vocationally qualified and job ready.
Our extensive range of software courses include:
Xero Accounting Training Courses
Xero has become a global leader in online accounting software for small businesses.
Xero has a strong focus on integrations with hundreds of other software programs has enable them to leapfrog MYOB in Australia as well as compete effectively against Intuit Quickbooks (US) and Sage (UK).
Xero has grown by acquiring some of the popular integrations such as WorkflowMax and Hubdoc and they’ve used some of these purchases to grow their user base around the world.
Xero uses the features in their acquired integrations to include extra features such as Xero Projects and Receipt Capture.
MYOB AccountRight Training Courses
MYOB became a market leader in Australia with their AccountRight software for Windows. It has internet enabled features but still needs to be installed on a Windows device.
This software is used by lots of established businesses so it is appealing for job seekers who want to work for small or medium sized companies.
MYOB AccountRight is often confused with MYOB Essentials which is an entirely different accounting software program.
MYOB Essentials Training Courses
MYOB Essentials is a relatively new accounting program from MYOB and it now competes directly against Xero in that it is an online accounting software program.
It started with a focus on micro businesses with a low price point but since MYOB stopped supporting their MYOB AccountEdge software they have aggressively promoted MYOB AND added a LOT more functionality and features.
Intuit QuickBooks Online Training Courses
QuickBooks was originally distributed in Australia by Reckon (which now offers it’s own online accounting software called Reckon One) but is now promoted and supported directly by the company that makes it, Intuit.
QuickBooks Online has some features that are more advanced than Xero (such as inventory) and the software has traditionally been cheaper than Xero.
QuickBooks Online payroll module uses KeyPay Payroll so it is Australianised and has very powerful features which are created and updated by it’s Australian publisher.
Learn MYOB & Xero Accounting Software
Most bookkeepers, BAS agents, Accountants and office admin jobseekers need to learn both MYOB and Xero to apply for accounts jobs and get bookkeeping clients.
In the past MYOB was a clear market leader and the main software program that bookkeepers needed to know how to use. Xero’s success and the nature of online cloud accounting means that accounting job seekers now need to know how to use both accounting software programs to apply for accounts jobs.
If you want to become a contract bookkeeper and start your own bookkeeping business you need to know how to use both. If Intuit, Reckon and Sage continue to promote themselves to Australian businesses you might need to be confident with all of them!
To help you stand out from other bookkeepers and job seekers the Bookkeeping Academy MYOB & Xero training course packages include extra services to support your career.
Employer Recognised Training Company
EzyLearn training courses are recognised by Australian Federal & State government departments, local councils, large multinationals, Safe Work agencies, Rehab Consultants, small businesses, job seekers, parents returning to the workforce and those wanting to start their own business.
Training Courses in Microsoft Office for Support & Admin Jobs
Our hand-crafted Microsoft Office courses have been improved and perfected over time and we guarantee you’ll love them. These Word and Excel courses go through step-by-step examples, building slowly and steadily and offering opportunities to use real world examples.
You’ll become confident and end up being a very productive employee because you’ll save time and use all the powerful features of these common programs.
Our Microsoft Office Courses include:
- Microsoft Word Beginners to Advanced (Data Entry, graphic design, detailed proposals)
- Microsoft Excel Beginners to Advanced (databases, worksheets and charting)
- Microsoft PowerPoint Beginners to Advanced (presentations and design)
- Microsoft Outlook (communications, scheduling, task management)
LIVE! Updates & News from EzyLearn
Online Training Short Courses for Accounting and Office Admin Jobs
As training course content creators, our team creates:
- Learning stories, based on real-life examples to ensure relevant and interesting course content leading to real job outcomes
- Easy-to-follow workbooks, with a series of comprehensive step-by-step tasks
- Learning exercises and exercise files (like transactions, sample bank statements etc.)
- Educational video explanations about how to perform all of the tasks
- Knowledge Review Assessment Test Questions to test what you’ve learned, as well as reinforcing what is important in each course.
After you enrol, you can watch the EzyLearn training videos as often as you want.
See the short courses and general topics they cover and see how they relate to accounting job descriptions. You can choose to enrol into individual short courses, COMPLETE training course packages or Combination packages to learn several different software programs.
FREE Financial Education Resources
We believe that every human should have access to fundamental financial education at no or low cost.
We live in a world that uses money to exchange goods and services and many of us, including businesses operate using debt and offer credit.
Check the courses to find the training course you need and our discount coupons to see if they are currently discounted.
If you want to learn everything there is to learn about a software program look at our “COMPLETE” training course combinations.
These COMPLETE training packages are discounted compared to enrolling into each of the courses individually.
EzyLearn Online Education Milestones
Since becoming a 100% online training organisation some years ago, we’ve implemented the following initiatives:
- In 2011 we introduced LIFETIME Membership on selected courses
- In 2012 we announced Student Community and Tutor Support as an enrolment option
- In 2013 we introduced the EzyLearn Partner Program for accounting firms, BAS Agents and International Schools to deliver leading short online training courses.
- In 2014 we developed a Bookkeeper Directory for all of our students so we can help them find work or start a bookkeeping business
- In 2015 we massively increased our wholesale courses through EzyLearn partners and to help us keep course prices low
- In 2016 we built the Enrolment Voucher System and started increasing delivery of courses to International students
- In 2017 we enlisted the help of accountants, BAS agents and business owners to even further expand the level of detail in our accounting courses
- We also replicated the scenarios in MYOB AccountRight Plus to teach students how to perform all the bookkeeping tasks using MYOB’s new cloud accounting solution, MYOB Essentials, as well as Xero and Intuit’s QuickBooks Online
- In 2018 and 2019 we’re busy:
- Improving the connection between courses & education and how bookkeepers work in the real world with Tutoring and Career Pathways.
- Helping students find out what they love doing and connecting better with potential employers with our Career Academy.
- In 2020 we’re making office admin, bookkeeping and digital marketing training cheap and accessible for everyone. We’re working with students who want to become tutors for the courses they’ve completed and help students in their local area! Check out at Online Training Course Affiliate Program.
- In 2021 we’re going deeper into the cloud accounting ecosystem at the integrations that connect with accounting software to make businesses more organised. PLUS we’re creating more tools to help students work remotely from home
Employers that recognise and trust EzyLearn
See some of the thousands of organisations that
recognise and trust
EzyLearn short online training courses
Unlike some Bookkeeping course training companies, our COMPLETE online courses include absolutely everything. It’s one price for all the leading vendors’ software (and constantly updated content):
- Accounting Software Setup in MYOB AccountRight, MYOB Essentials, Xero & Intuit QuickBooks Online
- Daily Transactions, AR/AP, Credit Management in MYOB AccountRight, MYOB Essentials, Xero & Intuit QuickBooks Online
- Bank Reconciliation, Journal Entries and End of Month Activities in MYOB AccountRight, MYOB Essentials, Xero & Intuit QuickBooks Online
- GST Reporting and BAS in MYOB AccountRight, MYOB Essentials, Xero & Intuit QuickBooks Online
- Beginners to Advanced Payroll Management using MYOB AccountRight, MYOB Essentials, Xero & Intuit QuickBooks Online
See what’s included in our Bookkeepers’ Short Courses Content Outline
Nationally Recognised Cert IV in Accounting & Bookkeeping
If you’re after a nationally-recognised Cert IV in Bookkeeping & Accounting, we’ve partnered with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) to enhance the learning experience — and help you become a Certified Bookkeeper and Registered BAS Agent.
See what’s included in the Cert IV in Bookkeeping and Accounting courses.
Accounting and Office Admin Training Courses for $20 per week
You can choose to pay for your call all at once (prices vary from time to time depending on our special offers) or you can use a payment plan for just $20 per week.
See which courses are available for $20 per week.
If the price of the course is an issue you can also enrol into separate courses as and when you can afford them OR you can now purchase the training course manuals and workbooks and get then as an instant download in PDF format!
How Do You Learn?
The bookkeeping training courses use a combination of
- training video tutorialss,
- workbooks with practical exercises, and
- knowledge review tests with references to the training material if you need to go and revisit some of the training material.
In the Bookkeeping Short Courses there are over 500 short instructional training videos which progress from setup skills, including customising the various forms, to creating customer and supplier cards, entering day-to-day transactions (including invoices, purchases, payments, credits and statements) to reconciling your bank account.
Also included is reporting to provide training on how to produce balance sheets (which demonstrate your financial position) and profit and loss (income) statements.
Our Reporting, GST and BAS training videos, workbooks and knowledge reviews will equip you with the knowledge of how to calculate your liabilities so you can generate your Business Activity Statement (BAS).
Regularly Updated Content
When you are an EzyLearn student, your course access includes updated and newly created content during your course access period. This means that you’ll never need to pay for another MYOB, Xero, Quickbooks or Microsoft Excel course.
EzyLearn’s online bookkeeping training courses come with the
assurance of a 30-day Money-Back Guarantee.
How You Are Assessed
At the end of each module in the Day to Day, Payroll and Bank Reconciliation modules, is an assessment task which tests your new-found skills.
The assessments are thorough and wide-ranging in scope but you can feel free to attempt our basic MYOB Skills Quiz if you want to see how much you already know.
Remember this free quiz is a very simple example of online assessment tools, our in-course knowledge reviews are much more thorough.
An After-Course Resource
When you complete your course, you have full access to all training materials forever (with the LIFETIME option). That includes the training videos you’ve used and, most importantly, new training videos and workbooks that we create in the future.
EzyLearn becomes your learning resource even after the course!
More Than Just Bookkeeping
Although MYOB was the market leading accounting software program in Australia for many decades, it is now just one of a number of different online “cloud” accounting programs which savvy business owners are using to keep track of their financials, payroll and credit management — everyday and from anywhere.
Having confidence and skills in all these leading software systems is a great place to start improving your employability and value in your existing employment, but there is a learning path to higher levels of education and we will help you in the process towards gaining a Nationally Recognised Qualification in Bookkeeping.
If your goal is to receive a nationally-recognised Statement of Attainment, Certificate for Partial Completion of a Course, and even your Certificate IV in Bookkeeping we help with the MYOB, Xero & QuickBooks skills components of these (because not all Cert IV courses will include training in MYOB, Xero, QuickBooks or Sage One; rather they focus more generally on bookkeeping and compliance requirements).
We’re Committed to Online Training Courses
After operating three training centres in Sydney (Dee Why, Gordon and Parramatta) since 1996, our management team realised that people want to learn when they are ready, rather than being forced to fit into a schedule.
With our online training courses, you also receive an excellent resource for when you get into the workplace and need to go over some of the materials as a refresher when you need it. Educational videos and workbooks provide you with a consistent learning experience every time and employers are confident with EzyLearn online courses because they are guaranteed that their employees will receive training on every topic in the training course outline.
How Are You Supported?
We understand that support is an important aspect of training. We also understand that good tutors and trainers with excellent product knowledge — as well as empathy — is as vital to the online training experience as providing rich training content. Our aim is to consistently provide both at a price people can afford.
We have a responsive online ticketing system to help you with navigational guidance if you are new to online learning. Our EzyLearn ANSWERS also enables students to ask specific questions about their circumstances and receive answers via our blog.
The Career Academy
With so many students having completed our MYOB, Xero and Quickbooks training courses and looking for work, we partnered with the Career Academy for office admin and accounting, to provide a Career Planning program that helps students
- understand their professional skills,
- understand the job market, and
- define the work they really want to do.
The Career Academy programs includes an online bookkeeper directory and tools and resources to help students find work. This important service also enables companies to find great bookkeepers close to them, or who are willing to work remotely from anywhere in Australia.
What If MYOB, Xero and Quickbooks Software Changes?
MYOB software is updated regularly and most of the time the navigation is very similar.
The screen shot featured here comes from the major upgrade that MYOB AccountRight Plus went through after 2011, when it was built on a different programming language to previous versions — and started MYOB’s journey into cloud based accounting.
MYOB AccountRight Software now enables you to work locally (on your computer) or in the cloud.
In the cloud your data is stored safely and people can access it from anywhere using the Internet. This is a great feature for businesses which employ remote contractors and want their accountant to be able to work with the accounting file as well.
The MYOB suite of products also includes a program which is cloud-based called MYOB Essentials.
Do Our MYOB, Xero & QuickBooks Courses Relate to the Real World?
When we ran our MYOB courses in our training centres between 1996 and 2006, we had some of the very best MYOB Certified Consultants & trainers delivering our courses including
- Alee Cochrane,
- Marie Diblasio, and
- Maria Landrelli
These women have been providing training for bookkeeping and accounting using MYOB software for well over 20 years.
Even when we operated our Sydney training centres in Dee Why, Lane Cove, Gordon, Chatswood and Parramatta, our MYOB courses were taught using real life scenarios to give students experience in using the software with examples from existing businesses.
The training workbooks (which currently number 10) enable you to work through practical step-by-step examples using the actual software (we provide you with a link for a free download).
Some students prefer to watch the videos and then complete the knowledge reviews to test their memory, while others prefer to work through the training workbooks. Either way, we provide all the learning tools so you can complete the course your own way.
Bookkeeping Induction using MYOB, Xero & QuickBooks
Our Bookkeeping Training Courses include training material that takes you through an bookkeeping induction for:
- Setting up a business,
- Operating a products and serviced based business that buys products and then sells them to customers with added services, and
- Serviced based businesses like a bookeeping business, remote contractor or website developer
- The process of employing and paying someone and reporting on the Super and other tax obligations for that person
- End of period reporting like BAS, End of Month and End of Year.
- Process of buying an asset and depreciating that asset over it’s useful life
Basic Bookkeeping Training
If you don’t have bookkeeping skills you’ll find our courses valuable because our Regsiter BAS Agents have recorded some bookkeeping training videos that cover the fundamental terms and concepts that are used in bookkeeping, they include:
- Video – DIY Accounting – Charts of Accounts Resource
- Video – DIY Accounting – Tax Codes Resource
- Video – DIY Accounting – Cash Vs. Accrual Accounting Methods Resource
- Video – DIY Accounting – Debits-Credits-Income-Expenses Resource
As long as you have confident computer skills and know how to use the Internet you’ll be able to use our training courses. To use the MYOB Software you’ll need to download it and install it. Then you just need to have a good Internet connection (which most people have these days).
Still Have Some Questions?
If you have more course-specific questions, please visit our Bookkeeping Short Training Course FAQ’s. See how long the course takes, how we help you with the software, how support is handled and much more.
You Get the Best: I Guaranteed It!
We conduct detailed evaluations at the end of each course to understand what students love about our courses, but more importantly, how we can improve our course content, delivery and operations.
We also offer a 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee to demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.
Come on an online learning journey and discover why online learning is the disruptive new technology for education.
Sincerely, Steve Slisar
We’ve taught people how to use complex computer programs since 1996 by taking students on logical learning journeys.
To empower people to use technology so they can be more efficient and productive in their work and personal lives. To help people find jobs, get promotions, earn more money and start businesses.
- Quick and Easy Enrolment
- Expert Tutor Support
- Well designed learning scenarios
- All the Learning Resources
- Money Back Guarantee