You’ll have sales reports, database, household budgets and other exercise files to work with to learn these skills.
- Selecting information: Understanding the mouse cursors used within Excel, how to select cells, columns and rows and multiple ranges of information, how to select cells using the keyboard.
- Copy and Paste: Drag and drop, cut, copy and paste in a worksheet and from one worksheet to another and even between different software programs.
- Editing cells: Typing and entering information, editing existing information and entering the changes, using the status bar information, escaping out of cells.
- Changing column width and row height for single and multiple columns as well as making all the columns the same width and using AutoFit.
- Database: Creating a simple database, understanding simple database structure (ideal knowledge for mail merge with Microsoft Word), inserting and deleting columns, using Undo and Redo options.
- Autofill: Automatically fill numbers, dates, number patterns, days, months and years and much more. The fast way to insert sequential numbers and words.
- Understanding date formatting (this forms the basis for future calculations based on date format).