Setup & Customisation Training Course
THE SETUP & Customisation Training Course is designed to teach you how to navigate the software, find out where information is stored, and provide you with initial set up information like terms, bank accounts, financial and organisational settings. It also gives you an understanding of opening balances, accounting periods, charts of accounts, bookkeeping terminology and form templates.
We’ll walk you through the process of setting up a business from scratch and you can replicate these steps for your own business. The courses which follow on from this course will build on these skills. The Setup & Customisation Training Course is the perfect foundation for your learning, as it provides terms, navigation and set up information. More information about what is included, follows below.
Course Completion Time: 5 Hours
The Bookkeeping Basics part of the course contains videos that will give you a general introduction to Accounting and Bookkeeping. We cover aspects like the Australian Tax Codes and what these may be used for; Debit and Credit principals in an accounting sense; and the meaning behind Cash and Accrual Accounting.
- DIY Accounting Introduction
- DIY Accounting – Charts of Accounts
- DIY Accounting – Tax Codes
- DIY Accounting – Cash Vs. Accrual Accounting Methods
- DIY Accounting – Debits-Credits-Income-Expenses
- DIY Accounting – Intro to Credit Control
Online Bookkeeping Software Setup
This section covers using the trial of the accounting software to setting up your brand new company. This cloud Accounting Information Software (AIS) stores all of your data securely in the cloud, ultimately saving space on your computer and providing you with the ability to access your files from virtually anywhere.
- Setup Course – Intro to Accounting Software
- Setup Course – Free Software Trial
- Setup Course – Organisational Settings
- Setup Course – Financial Settings
- Setup Course – Invoice Settings and Users
- Setup Course – Chart of Accounts
- Setup Course – Account Balances
- Setup Course – Invoice Settings – Default
- Setup Course – Invoice Settings – Email Settings
- Setup Course – Dashboard – Watchlist
- Setup Course – Contacts – Add New Contact
Setup — Manage Bank Accounts
Cloud Accounting Software enables you to connect to, and retrieve, bank feeds from your bank accounts and also PayPal – which is a great way to setup credit card merchant services. This is one of the fantastic features of cloud-based accounting software because it saves a considerable amount of time and effort getting bank account information into your accounting software.
Once the bank account information (real world) is in your accounting software you can then quickly perform a bank reconciliation. Once the bank reconciliation is completed, you can obtain all of the important reports that demonstrate how the business is travelling.
- Setup – Add Bank Account
- Setup – Add Credit Card
- Setup – Add PayPal Accounts
- Setup – Manage Bank Accounts on Dashboard