Business scenarios, Strategies, Cashflow Reporting, Setting Budgets and Understanding Return on Investment
Course Contents Outline
The Advanced Bookkeeping Administration Course follows the scenario and case study featured in our GST, Reporting and BAS Course by expanding on the sample company scenario for an extra quarter for BAS and Reporting purposes.
In this course you’ll learn how to import the bank transactions (rather than enter them manually that we teach in the Daily Transactions “Essentials” Training Course) and manage the many and varied transactions that our typical entrepreneur, Jerry, enters into, for instance:
- getting a commercial building loan
- buying a commercial property
- completing a real estate agents’ course (because he’s changing business direction and running several enterprises at the same time).
Course Completion Time: 8 Hours
Controlling spend using budgets
You’ll explore the typical overspending that some new entrepreneurs go through and understand how these transactions affect the cashflow of a business.
You’ll learn about the financing, operational and investment aspects of a cashflow statement and about alternative strategies that a business can take regarding its spending and credit risk management.
You’ll go through other Credit Management reports like Aged Receivables and understand the tools available to small businesses for:
- reigning in their accounts receivable
- getting money into their bank accounts quicker
- using their accounting software to help perform better marketing and operational management by budgeting and understanding their Return On Investment.
Accounting for real-world changes for start ups
These are some of the topics included:You’ll explore some business opportunities that reveal how corporate employees can become small business owners and consultants in their local area with the use of cloud accounting software.
- Changing a business name
- Subscribing to HiPages (HomeImprovementPages.com.au) and using it as a lead source for trades
- Real estate agents’ course and setting up a real estate agency
- How to earn money selling software training courses – including creating quotes, invoice and receiving payments
- Advertising on LinkedIn to find a real estate agent employee
- Setting up a professional WordPress website
- Exploring strategies to win regular work
- Using car trailers as an advertising medium
- Borrowing cost for Cubbyhole
- How to make a loan and purchase transaction for Cubbyhole commercial warehouse
- Deposit and loan for commercial property purchase
- Making changes to inventory
- Creating invoices for sales and marketing contract work
- Importing bank statements to save on data entry
- Creating bank rules
- Matching transactions for bank statements from a bank file
- Create transactions for BAS refund
- Accounting for motor vehicle depreciation
- Accounting for commercial premises depreciation
- PAYG & superannuation
- Cash flow statements
- Setting budgets
- Return on investment (ROI) analysis
This course is currently only available in Xero Cloud Accounting