Xero Training Course (511) Setup & Customisation
$99.00 inc GST
Completion Time: 5 hours (5 CPD Points)
To begin, you will learn the most important aspects about bookkeeping and the accounting and financial aspects of what small business owners need to manage, including:
Charts of Accounts, Tax Codes, Cash Vs. Accrual Accounting Methods, Debits-Credits-Income-Expenses and an introduction to Credit Control.
Then we take a look at the various parts of the software where we need to perform a once off set up, so that we can start to use the software to manage a business, including:
- Introduction to navigating Xero Accounting Software
- How to access and use the Free Software Trial
- Setting up the organisational settings
- Financial settings
- Invoice settings and users
- Chart of accounts
- Account balances
- Default invoice settings and email settings
- The Dashboard Watch List and how to add a new contact
- Adding multiple bank/credit card accounts
- Adding PayPal accounts to receive credit card payments and
- How to manage bank accounts from the Dashboard.
THE XERO SETUP Course is designed to teach you how to navigate the Xero software, find out where information is stored, and provide you with initial set up information like terms, bank accounts, financial and organisational settings. It also gives you an understanding of opening balances, accounting periods, charts of accounts, bookkeeping terminology and form templates.
We’ll walk you through the process of setting up a business from scratch and you can replicate these steps for your own business. The courses which follow on from this course will build on these skills. The Xero Setup Course is the perfect foundation for your learning, as it provides terms, navigation and set up information. More information about what is included, follows below.
The Bookkeeping Basics part of the course contains videos that will give you a general introduction to Accounting and Bookkeeping. We cover aspects like the Australian Tax Codes and what these may be used for; Debit and Credit principals in an accounting sense; and the meaning behind Cash and Accrual Accounting.
- DIY Accounting Introduction
- DIY Accounting – Charts of Accounts
- DIY Accounting – Tax Codes
- DIY Accounting – Cash Vs. Accrual Accounting Methods
- DIY Accounting – Debits-Credits-Income-Expenses
- DIY Accounting – Intro to Credit Control
Xero Online Bookkeeping Software Setup
This section covers using the trial edition of the software to setting up your brand new company within Xero. This cloud Accounting Information Software (AIS) stores all of your data securely in the cloud, ultimately saving space on your computer and providing you with the ability to access your files from virtually anywhere.
- Xero Setup Course – Intro to Xero Accounting Software
- Xero Setup Course – Free Software Trial
- Xero Setup Course – Organisational Settings
- Xero Setup Course – Financial Settings
- Xero Setup Course – Invoice Settings and Users
- Xero Setup Course – Chart of Accounts
- Xero Setup Course – Account Balances
- Xero Setup Course – Invoice Settings – Default
- Xero Setup Course – Invoice Settings – Email Settings
- Xero Setup Course – Dashboard – Watchlist
- Xero Setup Course – Contacts – Add New Contact
Xero Setup — Manage Bank Accounts
Xero enables you to connect to, and retrieve, bank feeds from your bank accounts and also PayPal. This is one of the fantastic features of cloud-based accounting software because it saves a considerable amount of time and effort getting bank account information into your accounting software.
Once the bank account information (real world) is in your accounting software you can then quickly perform a bank reconciliation. Once the bank reconciliation is completed, you can obtain all of the important reports that demonstrate how the business is travelling.
- Xero Setup – Add Bank Account
- Xero Setup – Add Credit Card
- Xero Setup – Add PayPal Accounts
- Xero Setup – Manage Bank Accounts on Dashboard
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.